Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Chasing A Dream

Can you really earn an income by working online?


Two years ago, if you would have told me that I could scratch out a serious living by working from home in my pajamas, I would have laughed and called that a pipe dream. I’d always known that there were people out there who were generating an income through telecommuting, but couldn’t accept that these careers were the result of anything but years of formal education, or blind luck. Certainly, I thought, I would never find myself working alongside them.


It was during a particularly bad day at my job that I finally decided to look into the possibility of working from home. At the time, I just happened to be surfing the Web and noticed an ad that promised overnight wealth with little effort- and all I needed was a computer! Needless to say, my curiosity was piqued. Could it really be that easy?


What I’m here to tell you today is no, it is not. In fact I can promise you that very few people, if anyone, has ever been able to make their first million within hours of purchasing a ‘Get Rich Quick’ program online. I personally invested hundreds of dollars in my quest for online wealth, desperately hoping that each new program would be ‘the one’. And while I was able to make a little bit of money, I found it increasingly difficult to reach the goals that I had set for myself.


The fact is there are legitimate income opportunities online. There are many, very popular programs that can generate a decent side income, if followed properly. Others that promise wealth can usually deliver good results- but only after a certain amount of time and energy is expended. The real key to genuine success is knowing exactly how much time and money you are willing to invest in order to achieve your desired results. Remember: the size of the income that you generate is directly proportionate to the amount of effort that you put in.


I quickly learned that most online income programs fit into one of two categories- quick, easy money (in small amounts) and steady, residual income (in larger amounts). The easy-money categories are best for those who want to bring in an extra couple hundred dollars every month, to help with their bills. The steady income categories are more suited to those who would like to work full-time from home and can devote several hours a day to creating and managing their own business. Before you decide to pursue online work, it’s best to decide which of these categories is most suited to your needs. Once you’ve done this, you will find it much easier to find programs that will guide you in the right direction.


After several months of (very expensive) trial and error, I was finally able to come up with a formula that worked for me. I’m sure you can imagine how good it felt to tell my boss that I wasn’t going to come into work ever again!


Now that I’ve found success, I feel the need to share a little bit about what I’ve learned during my journey. I want to tell you about the techniques that worked for me- and the ones that didn’t. I want very much to prepare you for some of the more popular scams that caught me off guard. And, most importantly, I want the opportunity to help you find your own path to financial freedom.


I hope that you will stay tuned for future articles.